On July 13/08 CANACE issued three strongly worded editorials to aggressively confront an attempt by a coalition of Brantford builders called the Haldimand Tract Good Neighbours Coalition to sell out Canadian justice by urging municipalities to turn over taxpayers’ monies to the Haudenosaunee Development Institute (HDI), an organization that has shut down development sites in Hagersville, Cayuga and Brantford with intimidation and illegal occupations.
- CANACE editorial, July 13/08: Brantford builders aiding in Extortion?
- CANACE editorial, July 13/08: Haldimand Council: Stop meeting with criminals
- CANACE editorial, July 13/08: Caledonian resident Jim Bruzzese blames residents of Caledonia
The HDI is the group whose spokesperson, Steve Powless, threatened the people of Brantford after two native goons attacked police at an construction occupation site on Monday, July 14/08 while one was being arrested by Brantford Police.
- VoiceofCanada, July 15/08: Fantino & McGuinty should apologize for assaults on Brantford Police officers
- CANACE news release, July 13/08: OPP tell CANACE Land Title deeds do NOT prove ownership
- VoiceofCanada, July 14/08: A reader comments on Haldimand Tract Good Neighbours Coalition appeasement plan
- CANACE news release, July 11/08: CANACE to take on ringleaders of HDI land extortion scheme